Cream cheese and Nutella Pancakes
A wonderful recipe for a sweet morning breakfast or for a desert anytime. This staff favorite makes 4 medium pancakes, and utilizes easy-to-find ingredients like Nutella, vanilla almond milk and our very own Melanie’s Medleys Plain Cream Cheese.
Makes 4 medium-sized pancakes
• (4 oz) Melanie’s Medleys plain cream cheese, frozen for at least one hour or overnight (the longer the better) then cut into pieces
• 1/2 cup flour
• 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
• generous sprinkle of salt
• 1 tablespoons sugar (I used 1 1/2 Stevia packets instead)
• 1/2 cup milk (I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk instead)
• 1/2 egg, lightly beaten
• 1 tablespoon canola oil
• handful of walnuts or any nut available
For Nutella sauce:
• 1/3 cup Nutella
• 2-3 tablespoons milk or unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1. Cut the cream cheese into small pieces.
2. Mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and sugar in a large bowl.
3. Mix the milk, egg and oil in another large bowl.
4. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet.
5. Mix in the cream cheese (The key here is to keep the cream cheese cold as long as possible- the colder the cream cheese stays, the more you’ll have in each bite).
6. Heat a pan over medium heat and spray with cooking spray or butter.
7. Pour 1/4 of the mixture into the pan and cook until the surface starts to bubble and the bottom is golden brown, about 2-3 minutes.
8. Flip the pancake and cook the other side until the bottom is golden brown, about 1-2 minutes.
9. Repeat for the remaining batter and stack pancakes.
10. Combine Nutella and milk in a small bowl (can add more or less milk depending on how thick you want your Nutella sauce).
11. Cover stacked pancakes with Nutella mixture. Sprinkle with walnuts or nuts of choice and enjoy!